Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Wheelburners Awsome ICORE Match

Fun and Fast Squad!

Flora concentrating on amazing accuracy!
  It was a cold, foggy morning at the Piru range last weekend as I was loading my moonclips and looking forward to a great day shooting revolvers, at the Wheelburners ICORE club match. I couldn’t help but notice the absence of women, however.  At first, anyway. Before long, a few women showed up, including my friend Janet Leach, she brought some sunshine of her own with her. Among the ladies, there was Flora Yang. I had only met her briefly a couple of times before, but was familiar with her name from hearing it announced at multiple competitions. Needless to say, I was thrilled when I learned I was going to be on a squad with her!
                As the day continued, we were both shooting great. We were the only two women on our squad, she shooting open and I shooting limited. And the men on our squad were shooting great too, I love these kinds of matches, the day flew by and I was having a blast.  But the best part of the day was to get to know Flora better and to be able to see her shoot, watching her techniques for accuracy! She was amazingly accurate and really fast! She was shooting a 627 V-Comp and had been shooting revolvers for only a year! She had been shooting semi autos for about six years, but its great to see any woman shooting! Especially revolvers! We avoided sticking our fingers down the snake holes to get the moonclips that rolled in and shared the secret of the best place to stand on near and far standards… “away from the ants”.  Thank you Wheelburners for putting on a really fun match!

No comments:

Post a Comment