Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Lessons Learned (Bianchi Cup.1)

Great few days of practice for the NRA Bianchi Cup! The horrible tornado that hit Joplin so hard is weighing heavily on so many of the shooters hearts, yet there is still a  feeling of excitement in the air for the match.  Tomorrow is the first day of the match and I’m ready! I will be shooting my 627 Smith & Wesson production revolver. I’ve learned a lot these past few days and every time I shoot a match the learning aspects are huge.  So this is how my lesson today went…
“Shooter Ready…Stand BY….Beeeeeep” and down I went prone. I shot the plates, but I couldn’t understand the chuckles from behind me. I hit (most) of the plates. I wasn’t too worried about there being something on my face, seeing as I was facing away from them. Did I sit in a puddle of mud again? I turned around. Someone (who won’t be named *cough J.M. cough*) explained, “Your legs were in the air.” What! I thought.
Ooops. Never knew when I go prone that my legs, from the knees down go up in the air, and stay up waving back and forth like I am pumping a swing. Now that I know this, I have to try and keep my legs down! Kinda embarrassing.  It’s more stable with your legs down, toes pointed outwards; I understand that; it makes perfect sense. Unfortunately when I focus on shooting, it is on my trigger.  Are my legs really up in the air?   Another thing to add to the mental check list!

3 comments:

  1. Yes, Miss Molly, I saw you do that once too! LOL! Always good to focus on your trigger, especially when shooting a revolver though.
    Jim Staader

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adventuring is such a great activity,taking those shoots was a wonderful move.I really appreciate the Bianchi group.let me know if i can join.safari clothing

    ReplyDelete
  3. The information is really interesting,this is eye-catching for everyone to do a sport.Its always good to look young and happy as you carry out various sport.Great site.Visit our website

    ReplyDelete