Friday, July 2, 2010

THE 2nd ANNUAL TRI-TIP MATCH


Last weekend, I shot the amazing “2nd Annual Tri-Tip” match! This match, 14 stages, is shot with all iron sighted guns -- AWESOME!! Single stack, Production and Revolvers ….. I really had a blast. This is the first time I ever shot this type of a USPSA match, but I loved it….all the targets and running made for a great time for everyone I spoke to.  There were a few raised eyebrows and scratched back of the heads when word got out that I was shooting Production Revolver, but the challenge is the most fun of all!
There were some awesome shooters there, some in particular I was on a squad with -- John Bagakis, Dave Sevigny, Todd Crow, John Allchin and Dave Long all smiling and laughing along with me, words cannot describe how amazing they all shot.  What a thrill it was to be able to watch and learn from these Champions!  And of course my friend Tina was there to cheer me on and be the squad score keeper!  I did pretty well, but I had a bit of an issue on the first stage…SQUIB LOAD! Yep!!!  A squib is when there isn’t enough (or any) powder in your ammo and the bullet gets lodged in the chamber. It’s really dangerous, especially if you were to fire another shot! When the squib happened there was a resounding “WHOA, STOP, SQUBB” from my entire squad!  Todd Crow was right there at the rescue with his tools to clear that squib (I think I saw Dave Sevigny sigh in relief, seeing that I wasn’t going to steal the match this time around).  Aside from the squib, I’m proud of my performance!  This was a new match to me, and it was fun as ever. 
Lunch time was delicious; they served up Art’s famous Tri Tip (I think my dad had a few singed eyebrows, considering that he helped cook).  I noticed all the smiles, mostly because everyone was just chatting away and having a great time reliving the match.  They were also chatting about my cupcakes…Thank you Julie G. for naming them “Muzzle Flash Carrot Cupcakes”! I made them just for this match!  I promise, for all you who have asked, I will post the recipe! Can’t wait till next year!  Hope you can make it!


1 comment:

  1. See the nice blog at Ammoland.com about Dave Sevigny and the USPSA Tri-tip match held at the World Famous SLOSA Range.
    http://www.ammoland.com/2010/07/02/team-glocks-captures-uspsa-california-tri-tip-championship/

    ReplyDelete