Sunday, June 20, 2010

INTERNATIONAL REVOLVER CHAMPIONSHIP

Hmmmm…Yep, still my favorite match, after another GREAT year!!! I had a blast! My squad was awesome – I was so pleased to be able to shoot with visitors, the Australians (Mark and Dale)… we became fast friends and I’m looking forward to emails when they return home! We also had John Bagakis and Rachael Crow (Another junior, hooray!) from Smith & Wesson. And Rich Wolfe, he (much like the other shooters on my squad!) is great to shoot with, he makes me laugh, and he always gives great advice! And of course my favorite Home Club shooter John Allchin, he is amazing!
I was suuuper happy with the way I shot! I shot my S&W 627 Limited Revolver, Hogue made me great grips that actually fit my hands, so to answer your question…yes, I can hold that revolver just fine thanks to those grips. Before those grips it was pretty sad…
One of the most exciting points of the match was that I was in the shoot offs again…with Jerry Miculek….again! I bet you thought I was going against him, but, even better we were a team! A bit lopsided, I was the only limited shooter among the 4 competitors but that didn’t stop me. I gave it my best. We won 1 out of the 3…(I say re-match next year). By then I will be taller (with any luck) and faster! You can’t know what an honor it was to be squaded with him. I think we talked strategy for the shoot off but I can’t remember now what we spoke about… I shot with Jerry! Nothin’ like a little pressure, but it was great! 
I hope everyone got a chance to thank Art and Janet Leach for all the hard work they have done year after year for the IRC!  I love you both!!!!!!!!



6 comments:

  1. Molly, Very sorry I didn't get to squad with you for the IRC... You looked like you were having a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved it! I had such a great time! The only thing that would have made it even better is if you were there. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Steve/James pick. The cooking duo? Btw... I MISS YOU! I havent seen you in a whole week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hiya "Browning Girl"...IF THAT IS YOUR REAL NAME!! I miss you too! Yes, that cooking duo is just bomb-diggity. Hope to see you soon! <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hes the Rachael Ray to my Alton Brown.

    ReplyDelete