Thursday, January 15, 2009

The Zone or the Cone Zone

A 2nd Molly Minute, I am on a roll. “The Zone” or the “Cone Zone?” For speed shooters there’re two kinds of zones. Where do you end up most of the time? I used to be in the “Cone Zone," but ever since I got in “The Zone” I experience it more and more. What’s the difference? “The Zone” is where the really fast shooters hang out. When you visit “The Zone,” you feel like everything is moving really slow, but that’s the strange part, actually you’re shooting really fast. The “Cone Zone” is for every one else, slow shooters and fast shooters that are having an off day. Slow shooters, stay in the “Cone Zone.” Sometimes when they’re in it, it feels like everything is moving really fast, but that’s just because they never experienced “The Zone." Not everyone gets into “The Zone,” but when you get there you will never forget that feeling. Once you’ve shot in “The Zone” you are a life time member of “The Zone” club. This is kind of like the inner circle, but not exactly, because you don’t know everyone that has ever been in “The Zone.” If I could tell other kids how to get in “The Zone,” the first thing I would say is it just has to happen on its own and not be forced; it just comes! Be relaxed and have fun, if there’s no pressure on you to be in “The Zone” it’ll just happen. But don’t be discouraged if you’re in the “Cone Zone” because if you just stick to shooting, it’ll come, but not if you are not having fun. The first time I was in “The Zone,” I shot faster than I ever had before and hit all the targets! Randy Lee was with me and asked me “What just happened?” He had to sit down and talk about it because he did not expect me to shoot that fast. I am not sure which was more fun, being in “The Zone” or seeing how proud Randy was of me. I could only tell him that it was really weird and nothing like before. When I described what happened, everyone around me said “Ohhhhh, Ahhhhh…. You were in the Zone!” Yes for those brief 2 seconds, I was changed. People asked me what it felt like and this is what I say: It’s like you have tunnel vision looking at your sight, you feel like you are moving real slow and mechanical, you don’t really realize it until you’re finished…and then you breathe again.

No comments:

Post a Comment